Sunday 21 April 2013

The Round That Wasn't


It's been a while since my last blog fellow travellers and for that I apologise. I have been recovering from surgery as you know and have had time to reflect extensively on "The round that wasn't"

I started Round 1 2013 with high expectations and all guns blazing. I intended to be on the top 20 podium come May 4th and no one was going to stop me.

My first week saw me lose 2kgs and should have spurred me on to victory ... YOU THINK? ...

Na ah!! Nothing of the sort, I found out that my surgery was booked for the end of March and it was like a button had been switched off in my head.

Week 2 saw a gain of 3kgs, but that didn't faze me ... I knew it was a blip and that's how I viewed this week. Week 3 saw a loss of 2kgs and, although I didn't realise it at the time, this was to be the last time the scales moved in any direction. My op came and went and was successful, the weeks have gone by (4 weeks now) and still I have not recommitted myself to the programme.

I am finding it difficult not to exercise, which means that I have now committed to including this in my life. I am finding it difficult to stick to the eating plan (which means I still have a way to go with food) I have not found it difficult to stick to 1200 calories ( my portion sizes and self control are better)

I have signed up for round 2 and this will be my final round. I expect to leave that round having reached goal weight, or very near to, and being able to eat in a far more healthy way.

For me Round 1 has not been a total waste of time, psychologically I am much more able to control food rather than have it control me. I am definitely happier in myself and learning not to bother with people who really don't feature in my life. I am learning to enjoy food, rather than use it as a crutch. I have acquired a new and already dear friend and I am learning not to be defined by numbers. My HRM has been dormant for the past 6 weeks and my fitbit and scales are used sporadically. I walk with my head held high and a smile on my face. I relish every day and I laugh so much more.
There is still work to do but in the words of my role model I'm "not bröken just bent" I can fix me, I just needed to realise it.

Round 1 has seen me gain 1kg, lose a uterus and find ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment